Hire CUMS Instruments
Note: If you are a member of CUMS, and wish to reserve instruments for a CUMS rehearsal or concert, please go here instead.
- Please first read the rules for hiring CUMS instruments. Please especially note the Opening Hours.
- The prices below are the standard charge for one day or part thereof. Longer periods are discounted.
- The hire period runs from noon->noon, and always includes at least one night. This is just like a hotel booking.
- Example: A one-day hiring for a concert on Saturday night means that you take the instrument out on Saturday after 12:00 noon and return it before 12:00 noon on Sunday.
(Of course you could actually return it on Saturday after the concert if the Custodians are there).
- Example 2: If you want to hire instruments between 8 a.m. on Sunday and 4 p.m. on the same day, this is effectively a 2 day booking, from noon on Saturday to noon on Monday.
- Note: Bookings cannot be made more than 6 months in advance, to protect both you and CUMS against unforseen contingencies.
- The discounts available for Cambridge University Societies, and the charge multipliers for hirings longer than one day are given on the rules page.
- #1,#2 etc. are used to distinguish between multiple instruments where we have more than one of the same thing.
- Some more information about the instruments is given here.
- If you are not a member of CUMS, please leave the 'CUMS membership number' field blank. You will be issued a membership card, and a £20
subscription will be added to your invoice. If you have already paid your subscription (eg on a previous booking), but have not received your card, tick the "I am still awaiting my membership
card" box. Please note that your CUMS membership must be renewed annually, and is valid from 1st October to 30th September of the year in which you are hiring instruments.
- If you have not used this system before (or have forgotten it), please obtain a passcode.
- Finally, please give all your details below. All fields are required.